Healing Hikes was created by Jess Ryan, LPC and Stephanie Hanson, LPC, two mental health therapists, yoga teachers, and students of the natural world. This 6-session therapy group will weave together healing principles and practices from Internal Family Systems therapy, somatic healing wisdom, and guided experiences in nature.
3 University of Wyoming Master’s in Counseling interns will assist as facilitators and guides, creating a safe, supportive container for healing.
Over the course of three weeks, participants will create a personalized intention for healing, uncover internal barriers, and learn to access the innate healing resource within. With the support of other group members and the skilled guidance of staff, participants are likely to find connection, support, peace, and clarity.
This group might be right for you if…
- You feel anxious, depressed, numb, internally conflicted, restless, or lonely
- You are looking for community around your healing process
- You are feeling stuck in individual therapy
- You want to take your therapy outdoors to access the therapeutic benefits available
- You have your own transportation or are willing to share a ride to hiking locations within a 30 minute drive of Laramie, WY
- You feel comfortable being outdoors, walking for 2 hour stretches, and can sit on the ground outside
$450 ($75 per session, may be billable to insurance, no medicaid)
Register by July 1st
Tuesdays, July 12, 11:30 – 1:00 (indoor, group session)
Saturday, July 16, 8:30 – 10:00 (hike, location TBD)
Tuesday, July 19, 11:30 – 1:00 (indoor, group process)
Friday, July 22, 8:30 – 10:00 (hike, location TBD)
Tuesday, July 26,11:30 – 1:00 (indoor, group session)
Friday, July 29, 8:30 – 10:00 (hike, location TBD)
READY TO GET STARTED? CLICK HERE to fill out the interest form
“Nature, too, supports our personal blossoming (if we have any quiet exposure to her) through her spontaneities, through her beauty, power, and mirroring, through her dazzling variety of species and habitats, and by way of the wind, Moon, Sun, stars, and galaxies.”
― Bill Plotkin